As consumers turn increasingly to digital to shop, retailers can use a host of tools to exert greater influence at each step along the consumer’s decision journey.
As television sets compete with tablets and linear viewing is partially replaced by online programming, players in the video content value chain will need to rethink their revenue strategies.
To capture the full value potential, companies must be able to deliver consistently across time and channels.
As they continue on their digital journey, companies should focus on a handful of decisions that build digital intelligence from the ground up and across the entire marketing and sales organization.
Leading retailers know how to strike the right balance between physical and digital, experience and affordability, and convenience and quality.
McKinsey M&S on Twitter
- RT @econinsights: Only 36% of EU execs say their firm uses technology extensively to enable greater speed, http://t.co/qjwWq14vit — 29 min 40 sec ago
- Which sectors improved customer satisfaction rates? Surprising results http://t.co/5txqezVgFd — 2 hours 3 min ago
- (w/ < 1/5 of its TV budget) A company found its digital campaigns had nearly as much sales impact as its TV ads http://t.co/kYrutF2AET — 2 hours 28 min ago
- Consistent delivery on journeys vs overall customer experience performance http://t.co/orabmWV9L8 http://t.co/1kfQyv8tRU — 3 hours 59 min ago
- Reflecting: Hult Prize - amazing talent being thrown at tough global challenges. Solving chronic diseases in urban poor dev world? Hard. — 11 hours 35 min ago
- "The CIO is becoming a strategic partner that is crucial to developing and executing marketing strategy.” http://t.co/lSt5QUr8DH — 13 hours 9 min ago